Upgrading To Magento 2.0 is Essential
With a range of new tools and features, online retailers can now upgrade from Magento 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9, to 2.0 with confidence. The Magento 2.0 upgrade comes with a host of improvements “to performance, scalability, security and compatibility.
Some of the improved Magento 2.0 features include:
- New Layout Elements
- CSS Preprocessing
- Easier Customization
- Most Modern Front-End Tools
- Streamlined Checkout Process
- full page cache reduced table locking
Beyond these groundbreaking updates are some incredible features that can boost conversion rates, improve business productivity, enhance performance and provide more engaging shopping experiences.
Here are some of the key benefits you’ll experience when you upgrade to Magento 2.0.
Best in Class Compatibility
Magento 2.0 now supports modern technologies such as:
- HTML 5
- And Other Modern Coding Standards
The default library for 2.0 is now jQuery, which replaces the old prototype.js.
Upgrading Magento software, and installing/upgrading extensions, is easier in version 2.0. The addition of a new standalone installer makes it simpler for developers to install new instances of the platform.
Improved Performance and Scalability
Magento 2.0 now offers 50% faster page loading speeds, which will improve the customer experience and help boost conversion rates. By optimizing code, images and cache page content, 2.0 delivers a better user experience, which will help to increase sales for online retailers.
4 of the best performance and scalability improvements include:
- Magento 2.0 is integrated with the leading HTTP accelerator technology, Varnish Cache, to speed up page load and reduce server load.
- A performance toolkit allows developers to: test code changes, set up test environments, and optimize preferences and scripts.
- All content from a single static page is cached, which increases performance and reduces loading time.
- A reduction in data conflicts due to the addition of multiple admins, each with the ability to create and edit content.
Updated Directories and Structure
The biggest upgrade in Magento 2.0 is the adoption of HTML5 technology. Previous versions utilized outdated technologies, but the use of HTML5 allows for the replacement of the prototype library with the more modern jQuery.
Two major structural changes have been included in version 2.0:
- Everything now falls under the app structure.
- There is a VIEW directory for every module, to access template, layout and other module files.
Magento 2.0 now comes with 4 types of directories:
Open and Flexible Architecture
A next-generation architecture offers unmatched flexibility and features a modular code base that allows for better deployment, simpler customization and faster time-to-market.
New extensions and APIs have been added which can help take online stores to new levels and help eCommerce site owners realize the full extent of their concepts.
Magento 2.0 includes new theming capabilities and the ability to operate with any third-party solution. These improvements provide fast and affordable enhancements to any online store.
Improved Shopping Experiences
The UI experience has been completely redesigned, to create a better shopping and customer experience.
- A new checkout is now available to help online retailers boost conversions and make more sales.
- A one-click account creation option can be added to any site.
- New responsive themes allow for faster site creations.
- Drill-downs are available to provide analytics on how visitors are using the site, and help owners make optimized improvements.
Enhanced Business Tools
Magento 2.0 revolutionizes the merchant experience by allowing them to rapidly and efficiently handle growth. By not having to scale up teams to accommodate this growth, merchants can save on costs and resources.
A new Admin panel simplifies the entire process for merchants, and comes with a host of benefits:
- Touch-friendly management tools to allow for updates on-the-go.
- Intuitive and simple, so new users can learn it quickly.
- A consumer-like interface to save time.
- Save views inside the Admin panel for quick access.
Version 2.0 comes with the platform’s strongest security to date. Magento 2.0 securely integrates with PayPal, Braintree and Authorize.net.
Perhaps most importantly, Magento 2.0 is free from all security vulnerabilities that affected Magento 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 and other 1.x versions.
Get the Most from Magento 2.0’s Benefits
But these are just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens more revolutionary enhancements, that come along when you decide to migrate to Magento 2.0. The first step is to upgrade.
If you need help:
- Upgrading to version 2.0
- Installing Magento for the first time
- Understanding how Magento can help your online business,