Five inexpensive ways to increase traffic to your Magento store
After you launch your store, you sit finger crossed, staring at your ‘sales’ and ‘visitors’ graph and eagerly wait to see it rise.
But instead of that, at this point, you may want to give some attention to advertising. Advertising your products is no less important to have an amazing Magento store. However, in the beginning, you may also be worried about how much to spend and where.
No worries! Here are some budget-friendly ways through which your store can reach your target customers.
1. Use Social Media: The most important, undeniable, unavoidable way to market your store is by engaging in social media. You may argue that everyone does it, then why isn’t everyone benefiting from it? Well, when it comes to social media, you have to be very persistent and very precise. Know your target audience and ‘speak’ to them only.
Don’t use social media only to promote your products. Use it to build a community where your customers can share their experiences, give their opinion through polls, and, of course, get to know about the amazing discounts that you may offer. The more graphic and versatile your posts are, the more will there be engagement in your social media and the more visitors you will get!
You can make your Magento store ‘tangible’ through your social media interactions. On that note, do not restrict yourself to the ‘most favored social media’ of your locality; be active on different social media platform to achieve the best results.
2. SEO: Search Engine Optimization – A brilliant way to have Google (or any other browser) do your marketing for you. All you need to do is give Google the data that says that your store is relevant and worthy. All you gotta do is to use meta tags, alt tags, keywords (in URLs, product descriptions & meta descriptions), and a few more. Two more very crucial aspects of SEO are faster loading time and mobile-view optimization. As long as you have these things in place and your customers keep giving positive reviews, Google will keep pushing your store above and naturally, you will get more visitors.
3. Freebies/Merchandise: You know what makes your customer smile? A quality product delivered on time. Do you know what makes them smile a little wider? A smiley badge (or a keychain or a poster or a magnet sticker or a piece of stationary). The same freebie can be used to market your store if you brand it with your logo. How? Well, a cute piece of add on can become a pleasant piece of conversation; this is a great way to market your store through word of mouth.
4. Referral Traffic: Referral traffic is one of the best ways to market your product. There are two ways to go about it. One, you can exchange favors with another store owner. For example, say you sell flowers and bouquets. Flowers generally go hand in hand with chocolates, cards and gifts. Now, the local dealers of such stores can refer each other to their customers. Friendly & price-less.
A similar way of getting referral traffic is by guest blogging. The best way to do that is finding the platform where you can reach to your target audience and posting a write up that will also backlink to your own store. Simple & totally inexpensive.
5. Reach out to influencers: Another way to get referral traffic is by reaching out to various influencers. You may approach influencers of a relevant stream to endorse your store in their respective platforms. In this case, you may like to offer them some free samples, a discount coupon to those customers who follow the trail etc. Remember, influencers wouldn’t respond immediately. Therefore, you need to have a proper plan of reaching out to them, including an email sequence that ensures they are being followed up on a daily basis.