Magento eCommerce Monthly Maintenance Benefits
Does a Magento E-Commerce Store Need Monthly Maintenance? What are the benefits?
Yes, your store absolutely needs monthly maintenance. As a Magento store owner, you already know the many benefits that the platform offers. But if you treat your Magento site as a “set it and forget it” tool, you are missing out on some of the valuable benefits that can help you scale your business to the next level. Here are some of the ways which making monthly upkeep a priority will help your overall business health.
- Keep your SEO updated & on-point–Like any website, your Magento store needs regular maintenance to ensure that your search engine rank stays on track. Solid SEO practices are the key to helping your customers find you. By taking advantage of a monthly Magento store maintenance plan, you can be sure that our team will take all of the necessary steps are keep your site running at its optimal performance level. We review your Google webmaster and Google analytics accounts to make certain that your site speed is as fast as it can be. We also comb your site for overloaded logs, links to discontinued or inactive products, and broken links and images to keep your Magento store as visible as possible. Good search engine results=good business.
- The Importance of Security–Site security is one of the biggest concerns for e-commerce entrepreneurs. Fortunately, Magento has got you covered by releasing new security patches that keep your Magento code base safe from the attacks that some Magneto clients have experienced. With security concerns it’s important to stay ahead of the game, so knowing that these security patches are applied as soon as possible provides you with the best protection available.
- Maintain extension updates to keep things running like a well-oiled machine–Extensions allow your Magento store to take things to the next level by customizing the experience to suit your business’s needs. However, extensions are constantly updated and often must be kept current to work properly, so monthly maintenance ensures that your extensions are always updated and performing correctly.
- Prevent a catastrophe by monitoring payment and system logs–An unexpected problem with your site’s functions could cost you a lot of time and money. By regularly auditing your weekly payment and system logs, we can stay a step ahead of potential problems. Checking your payment and system logs monthly will keep your site’s speed and major functions on track. If you let your logs sit for month after month with no review, they aren’t serving their purpose. Letting us check up on your logs regularly could prevent your business from running into a catastrophe down the road.
- Give your site any extra bells and whistles it needs before you take on your next bit promotion.–Sometimes it is easy to get stuck in the rut of leaving well enough alone. But if your store is preparing for an upcoming sale, large-scale promotion or holiday season, you may want to think about beefing up the status quo. Your monthly service is a great time to let us know about any bells and whistles your site might need to maximize your upcoming event. We can also suggest any changes that might benefit your store at this time.
As you can see, there are many good reasons to implement a monthly maintenance program for your site. If you have questions about our Magento maintenance services, contact us at Exinent anytime. We would love to answer your questions and get your business hooked up with the perfect monthly maintenance plan.