10 E-commerce Marketing Tips to Increase Sales and RevenueOctober 17, 2022
9 Best Magento Store Third-Party Integrations for Creating the Ultimate SiteOctober 18, 2022
The world of e-commerce has a large field of buying and selling. If one wants to succeed in an e-commerce business, a smart strategy will help you reach your dream. Today visibility on Google is the prior success of e-commerce. Usually, customers take decisions based on the visible ranking on Google search results. So, e-commerce SEO tips then become an essential need to boost your website traffic as well as sales.
Now before entering the SEO tips, let us imagine how your e-commerce store will work when it becomes invisible. However, it is even hard to believe such a circumstance when online presence has everything to do. It will be difficult for the audience to find your website. As a result, a total shutdown will affect this situation. Thus, no traffic, no sales, and thus, no revenue generation. SEO is the most generating rational choice today. It helps in increasing visibility on search engines. It also helps in targeting the audience. Hence, growth in online traffic and conversion rates boosts sales and revenue.
So, before heading into the main subject let us understand what e-commerce SEO is.
Understanding E-commerce SEO
A study says that search engines generate 65% of e-commerce traffic by search engines. Commonly, the Google search engine tops the list out of the top three search engine websites ( Bing, yahoo)
So, in the case of pushing your website, SEO is the most productive solution to get higher rank visibility in searches. Thus, the uniqueness of SEO is that it is organic!! Yes! It’s like eating something organic, but it is certainly healthy in terms of investment. For example, you do not have to pay through Google Ads or reach out to any other advertising agency to get your rank.
In terms of cost- optimization, SEO plays a vital role, but for a fruitful outcome, SEO strategy needs a lot of time and effort. However, the results are significant. Thus, an SEO try can boost your sales and traffic both. As a result, leading to more conversion rates, and return of repeated customers.
10 E-commerce SEO tips to boost traffic and sales
1. Search for keywords:
Searching for Keyword is an action of finding and analyzing the terms that usually users search in search engines for SEO and marketing objectives. There are some places where you can use the searched keywords:
- Page title: The first place for Google to decide the importance of your website.
- Meta description: Adding main keywords in the 160-character limit. This gives an idea of the content and is placed below the clickable link.
- Subheadings: Enabling the visitors to understand the motive of the content before going into the details of the subject.
- Content: The main content should be present in the first paragraph. Later the use of keywords and the variations can be used as required.
- URL: The last thing to do, but this is the first thing that is highlighted before switching to the website. A good URL increases visitors and gives an idea about the things on your web.
Keyword research for the content popularity, volume search, the marketers get a clue about the interests and needs of the users. This includes the list of targeted consumer groups too.
Some SEO Tools for right and effective keyword research:
- Google Analytics
2. Improve the business listing:
When you have several competitors, it becomes hard to win the game. An extraordinary effort and consistent approach will certainly mark the win. In the case of ranking high in the search results, however, there is one domain where you can create an extraordinary difference and make your business visible in the searches. This is none other than the Local SEO.
Here are some valuable points to consider improving your local business registering:
- Give your business information into Google My Business section
- Recast it so that it is easily visible for consumers.
- Update the information like, name, address, contact details on a regular basis if there is any change made.
- Check and maintain the business hours.
- Add high quality images, and video testimonials to your site.
- Motivate and reply to the comments consistently to make sure you are productive and reliable.
- Enroll in a local business listing service.
3. Upgrade website system for easy customer navigation:
The first thing to consider is the customer. They are here on your website to shop, not for extensive category searches. This can result in frustrating the visitors. Automatically, decrease in traffic and sales. Hence an updated website structure can significantly help users with easy navigation and boost traffic and sales.
There are 2 parts of web structure to influence the visitors to your store:
- Breadcrumb navigation: This type of navigation displays the site navigation. Thus, helping the readers locate themselves where they are exactly heading on the website. So, no more checking the URL required. This has an optimistic impact on the site and the structure.
- URLs: a clear and readable URL makes it easier for visitors and search engines like Google to look for your website.
4. Produce content more often:
An e-commerce platform buys and sells, but content creation has more impact and is essential for boosting traffic and sales. Even studies and statistics have proved that publishing content is the most optimized and effective way to generate visibility and organic traffic.
HubSpot says that the more blogs you have on your website, the more traffic, and conversion rates. Blog traffic improves the dynamics of E-commerce SEO.
5. Enhance page section:
Once we create a website, the task is half done. A category page is mandatory for more traffic and effectively produces conversion rates and organic traffic. The reason for this is that all the users are not technically gifted, but yes, every user is generic. So, they usually search for generic categories. Thus, specifically, the keyword search will have stronger intent than product names.
Some pro tips for page section:
- Keyword research should be on webpage titles.
- Improve the meta description category with creative and eye-catching content.
- Add one H1 tag to every set of webpages.
- Add a concise description of page category below H1 tag.
- Place an internal link within the descriptions. Integrate the visuals of the products with the category page.
6. Make an appealing product page:
The content covers everything from top to bottom. The product page content plays a significant role in the SEO success strategy. The main objective here comes to write a unique product description to stand out from the bulks.
So, optimizing the web content includes H1 tags, meta titles, and meta descriptions. This can help you achieve what you aim for.
Useful tips to point out about product description:
- Highlight your brand.
- Minimum use of vernacular and keeping the description easy to read for the users.
- Mark the details in bullet points to have clarity of the product in detail.
- Display and highlight the buyer personality throughout the page.
7. Be mobile- friendly:
The distinctive feature of a website is that it should be mobile-friendly too. The rising number of mobile users is another important aspect to consider when considering traffic growth and increasing sales and revenue. So, this is not strange that even Google prioritizes web performance on smart devices as a crucial standard when determining the visible online ranking.
The mobile expansion makes the visitors use more smart devices to have the best experience on a website. As a result, a mobile-friendly approach can have a rocket boost experience in SERPs for your e-commerce store.
Some points to take note of:
- Check the mobile interface of your e-commerce.
- Optimize page speed and loading time on mobile devices.
- Make an easy navigation and UX on mobile.
- Easy checkout process.
8. Avoid broken links for E-commerce:
Suppose we take a path, and while moving we end up nowhere. This is the most frustrating thing that happens because the burden of having a start-over will keep on haunting. The same thing can happen with your e-commerce website when you have broken links. When visitors check your website, they expect relevant content to be available at once. Broken links can end up never returning customers. Thus, harming the ranking goal with Google and SEO.
A brief note to fix page 404 error:
- Consider updating the content instead of deleting it.
- Redirect the visitors to the new page using 301 directs.
- Connect with web owners to ask for an upgraded link if the error takes place when the wrong URL is linked to your site.
9. Improve the website speed:
True to the fact that Google has enabled the site speed as one of the signals to rank in pages. It will calculate the loading time. So, the slow website speed defines that it will take longer to switch between the pages. Thus, harming the traffic index.
Apart from Google ranking, user experience also gets affected by slow web speed. A page with a longer uploading time has higher bounce rates and lower mean time on the page. So, it is crucial to check the web page speed frequently. There are two tools that enable you to test your speed and find out the problem.
- Google Page Speed Insights
10. Add XML sitemap to searches:
In a nonprofessional term, a sitemap.xml is a list of website URLs. The key role of this is to act as a planner to enable the search engines to know the content availability and ways to reach them. If the e-commerce website has many pages, XML sitemaps are an added benefit to SEO. This enables the search engines to locate and move on all of them.
Though you are not an SEO specialist, this article covers everything to meet your expectations and queries. The above tips can make you realize the importance of SEO in e-commerce marketing. However, it is not that easy to achieve an e-commerce SEO, and so are the results. But never feel shy about taking the first step and driving traffic growth and boosting sales and revenue.