New Features in the latest release of Magento 2.4.1
The new version of Magento 2.4.1 has been released recently, and this version comes with many security upgrades and new additions to existing features. Magento 2.4.1 was released on October 15’, 2020 with new enhancements for both open source and Magento commerce editions. The major changes in this version include the support of Samesite attribute for cookies and the feature of CAPTCHA protection for Payment and order related API endpoints. There were 150 fixes to the core code and 15 security enhancements. Let’s take a look at the important updates in Magento 2.4.1.
Security Enhancements: Latest security enhancements fixed remote code execution (RCE) and cross side scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in addition to the platform security improvements. Merchants can now install the Magento 2.4.1 security patch without having to install all additional fixes.
CAPTCHA integration protection has been added to place order storefront page and REST, GraphQL API endpoints, apart from payment related REST and GraphQL endpoints.
An enhanced Magento Scan tool has been provided with collaboration with Sanguine security for protection against 8700 threat signatures to give real-time insights for detection of malware and reduction of false positives.
Other New Features:
- Reduction in network transfer size between Redis and Magento.
- Improved message queue performance by increased control over consumers and saving server resources
- Enhancements to core quality in functional areas of Customer Account, Cart and Checkout, Promotion and Targeting, CMS, OMS, Staging, Preview and Import/Export.
- Increase in execution time improvement for commands for bin/Magento
- The new media gallery is now by default enabled in Admin. This helps in bulk image deletion, identification of duplicate images, and filtering of images by the storefront area that they are used on.
- Users can now easily work with image metadata for viewing, editing and searching images.
- Customers and guest can now add product reviews and add gift cards.
- Customers can now log-in and save payment information in My Account.
- Customers can now add, update and remove items from a wishlist.
- The PWA Studio version 8.0.0 has new features and enhancements with updates to Venia style guide, mini-cart and My Account experience.
- The Magento Functional Testing Framework 3.1.0 has been introduced.
- The My Downloadable products area now displays links to purchased downloadable products that are a part of grouped products.
- An expired persistent session is now renewed when the customer logs back in.
- Improved HTML markup for thumbnail images.
How can Exinent help?
If you are interested to start selling online during the holiday season, we at Exinent are here to help. We have been into eCommerce development and support services for the past decade and have hundreds of delightful clients who have taken advantage of our custom eCommerce website development service. We focus on creating online success stories with a robust, secure, scalable, and customized online shopping platform that would help you get customers across various online platforms to your store. Feel free to Contact Us; now is the time for your business to get online and noticed!