Top Tips on Adding a Blog to your Online Shopify Store
Blogs are a great way to boost customer engagement and drive more traffic to your website. For E-Commerce stores, blogs can have articles on your products, services, and include helpful tips for your customers. This helps your SEO efforts, and engages your viewers and turns them into customers.
When we compare the other two popular E-Commerce platforms-WordPress and Magento with Shopify, they seem to be more compatible for easily adding a blog to your online store. Between the three, WordPress is a blogging platform to begin with, and Magento makes it easy to add a blog and update it. But, did you know that you can also easily add and maintain a blog on your Shopify store? Here are some tips on adding a blog to your online Shopify store, and maintaining it.
Adding a Blog to your Shopify Online Store
Shopify, by default has a built-in blog called as “News”, but you can always change it as per your choice. To access the blog, and work on adding content, please follow the below steps.
1. Creating a Blog:
To create a Blog in your Shopify Store, follow the below steps.
- From your Shopify Admin, go to Online Stores->Blog Posts.
- Click on “Manage Blogs”.
- Then click on “Add Blog”.
- You can add a title to your blog and chose how viewers can interact via comments on your blog.
- If you have created a template for your blog pages, you can use that for your new blog. Else, you can choose from the numerous templates that Shopify offers.
- Click on “Save Blog”, as the last step in creating your new blog.
2. Adding the Blog to your Menu:
To add the Blog to your Navigation Menu, follow the below steps.
- Go to the link Online Store-> Navigation
- Click on “Add Menu”. Then enter a title for the menu item, and add your blog here from the “Link Field”. You can also add an external blog link here, or use your newly created blog
- Click on “Save Menu” to finish adding the blog to your navigation menu.
3. Changing the Title of the Blog:
To change the Title of the Blog, follow the below steps.
- Access the link Online Stores-> Blog Posts
- Click on “Manage Blogs”
- Access the “Edit Blog” page and change the title of the Blog.
- Click on “Save” to save the changes.
4. Editing the Search Engine Listing for your Blog
To change the search engine listing for your Blog, follow the below steps.
- Access Online Store-> Blog Posts-> Manage Blogs
- Click on your blog to edit it
- In the Search Engine listing preview option, click on “Edit Website SEO”, and in the “Page title” field, you can add a title that would show as a link in Search Engine results (Limited to 55 Characters).
- You can also add a Meta Description for the page, which is limited to 320 characters.
- Click on “Save” to save the changes
In the next article, we will look at the ways to add content and images to your Shopify Blog articles. Stay tuned for more updates on Shopify website development.
How can Exinent help?
If you are interested to start selling online during the pandemic , we at Exinent are here to help. We have been into eCommerce development and support services for the past decade and have hundreds of delightful clients who have taken advantage of our custom eCommerce website development service. We focus on creating online success stories with a robust, secure, scalable, and customized online shopping platform that would help you get customers across various online platforms to your store. Feel free to Contact Us; now is the time for your business to get online and noticed!